Select a language:

Civil e-Filing Portal

e-Filing Portal is now available.


Before you begin to submit your documents, please make sure to read the FAQs and “Filing User Guide” found under Help on the top right corner of the e-Filing page. Especially when you are ready to scan the service documents. If you get an error message after uploading the document, please make sure your documents are properly formatted into PDF format, to do this click on the print icon, then save as PDF under destination, then save as PDF, this should avoid any issues and make your submission seamless. Thank you.

  • Submit your requests online for the Sheriff to serve your civil processes.

  • Make sure to review the guide available on the portal. (Top right)

  • It is recommended you submit your scanned documents and instructions through your computer, instead of through your phone.



1.   What type of credit card do you accept?

We accept all major credit cards, except American Express.

2.   Can I submit more than one filing at a time?

You can submit up to 25 filing per order.

Writ Filings

3.   I already submitted my original writ and instructions to the Sheriff, and I want to attempt another levy - what do I do?

If your writ has not expired, you need to submit new instructions, new order, electronic writ instructions (if applicable), and the appropriate fees.  Select your previous Levying File Number when submitting another filing on the E-filing portal.

4.   Can a Registered Process Server (RPS) submit a levy on behalf of the attorney/plaintiff?

Yes, please contact your attorney for further guidance. (Refer to Filing User Guide)

5.   How do I submit a writ with an attachment 20 with multiple debtors, but I want to collect on specific debtors?

For each debtor, you would have to submit separate filings. You also need to have service instructions completed for your request.

6.   I have a writ of possession with multiple units/suites, how do I submit the filing?

The quantity of filings must match the number of units/suites.

Non-Writ Services

7.   How do I submit a restraining order?

There is no fee for restraining orders pertaining to Domestic Violence, Elder Abuse, and Civil Harassment Restraining Orders that the court orders fees to be waived (see CH-110 page 4, item number 11, to see if it is marked ordered). For your convenience submit your documents via email, fax, in person, mail, e-file. If you choose to submit with our e-filing service, please select “waiver” as the appropriate waiver (no actual fee waiver has to be scanned).

For Civil Harassment Restraining Orders that are denied (see CH-109, item number 4B is marked), or (see CH-110 page 4, item number 11), to see if it is marked not ordered, you can submit your documents via E-Filing portal, in person, or mail, along with an instruction sheet and fee’s.

8.   I live out of state, how do I go about having documents served on someone in Orange County?

Submit service using Out-of-State category in our E-filing portal. If your proof requires notary, please indicate on the service instructions “notary required” and mark the “notarize” box on our E-filing portal when submitting for service.

9.   What option would I choose if I want to authorize substitute service?

If the document qualifies for substitute service, you may choose the service category of the document, and indicate on your instructions you authorize substitute service.  Once the service is approved, we will adjust the service to substitute if it meets the timeframe requirements.

10.   How would I submit a Summons and Complaint that has an order to post and mail?

Submit the service using the appropriate type of Summons & Complaint with Post & Mail and mark the box listed as “notary or certified mailing,” so the proper fees are accounted for.

11.   How do I submit a Summons & Complaint Unlawful Detainer (UD) with Prejudgment?

Submit the filing using Summons & Complaint UD Prejudgment with No SS or w/ SS (choose the one that applies to you), please add a filing per defendant you want served that is listed on the document. After that is completed, you will also have to add an additional filing for “All Unknown Occupants” (ex: if you have 2 defendants you will need to have 3 filings).


**If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our office. The numbers are:




Cities Served




909 N. Main Street, Suite 2
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Hours: 8:30AM - 4:30PM

(714) 569-3700


(714) 569-2368

Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, La Habra, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Midway City, Orange, Placentia, Rossmoor, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park,  Westminster, Yorba Linda


4601 Jamboree Rd., Rm 108
Newport Beach, Ca 92660

Hours: 8:30AM - 4:30PM

(949) 476-4820


(949) 476-4980

Aliso Viejo, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza , Dana Point, El Toro, Irvine, Lake Forest, Laguna Beach,  Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Trabuco Canyon