Cashier & Bail Information
- The Jail Cashiering Hours of Operation and locations are as follows:
- Intake and Release Center - 24 hours a day
550 North Flower Street
Santa Ana, CA 92703
- Theo Lacy Jail Facility - Daily 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
501 The City Drive South
Orange, CA 92868
- Inmates may have money (cash), city/county/state/or United States Government checks (made payable to the inmate) and money orders deposited to their account.
- Money orders must be made payable to the “County of Orange – Sheriff’s Department.” The inmate’s name and booking number must be shown on a memo line or a separate line of the money order.
- Personal checks, cashier’s checks, and traveler’s checks are NOT accepted for inmate accounts.
- Money orders may either be deposited at the Jail Cashiering offices or mailed to the inmate through the U.S. mail.
- Government checks must be mailed to the inmate. This is for tracking purposes and the inmates must endorse these checks before they can be deposited.
- All funds are made available for the inmate to use approximately 30 minutes after the transaction is completed.
- Inmate accounts may have a maximum balance of $500.
- Possession of monies by an inmate is forbidden.
- Funds for bail may be paid in cash, bank cashier’s checks, personal checks, money orders, and traveler’s checks at the Intake Release Center Jail Cashiering office.
- Cashier’s checks for any bail amount will be accepted only when properly verified with the issuing financial institution. Please bring a business card with the bank employee’s name and phone number for verification. Bank cashier’s checks must be for the exact amount of the payment, and made payable to the “County of Orange – Sheriff’s Department” and be drawn on an acceptable financial institution in the United States.
- Requires Two Forms of Identification: Personal checks may be used, provided that the pre-printed name and address on the check matches the issuer’s California Driver’s License or California Identification card. These checks must be drawn on a California bank with a California address. Second and third party checks will not be accepted. Personal checks are only accepted up to $7,500 per checking account and must be made payable to the corresponding court.
- Traveler’s checks are acceptable only if signed at the Jail Cashiering office in the presence of a cashier. Traveler’s checks must be for the exact amount of the payment, made payable to the “County of Orange – Sheriff’s Department” and be drawn on an acceptable financial institution in the United States. Persons presenting traveler’s checks must furnish satisfactory identification.
- Verify the full name, booking number, and full bail amount owed with Inmate Records to ensure you are paying the proper amount.
- Bail for certain defendants must be paid in cash or check only. To verify the bail amount and what payment methods are acceptable, please contact Inmate Records before attempting to pay.
- Company/business checks are NOT accepted.
- Bail for all courts outside of Orange County must be paid in cash.
- The Sheriff’s Department can NOT recommend, suggest, or otherwise direct you to any Bail Bond Agent/Company for a bail bond purchase.
- A person bringing a bond will be fingerprinted and his/her identity will be verified, unless he/she is a licensed bond agent.