- Correctional Services Assistant Trainee: $22.71 - $28. 84 hourly/$47,236.80 - $59,987.20 annually
- Correctional Services Assistant (Entry Level):$26.00 hourly/ $54,080.00 annually
- Correctional Services Assistant (Maximum): $34.82 hourly/$72,425.60 annually
Correctional Services Assistant Trainee
This is a non-sworn trainee class. Incumbents attend a department mandated in-service training program to develop the minimum qualifications required for entry into a career as a non-sworn Sheriff’s Correctional Services Assistant. Appointment to Sheriff’s Correctional Services Assistant is based upon satisfactory evaluations, successful completion of department mandated in-service training program and management’s recommendations.
Correctional Services Assistant
Under limited supervision, incumbents assist sworn personnel within the Sheriff-Coroner maximum, medium, and/or minimum security jail facilities with monitoring inmate movement, maintaining order, and controlling entry and exit to jail facilities.
The County of Orange offers a comprehensive benefit package to its employees including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Annual Leave:
- 19 days after the first year
- 27 days after three years
- 32 days after ten years
- Holidays (12 paid per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($10,000/year)
- Uniforms Provided
- Alternative schedules are available
- Overtime Pay
- Bilingual Pay
For more information on how to get started, contact: (714) 834-5858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.